Drunken Ziti / Ziti Ubriachi
SERVES 4 TO 6
Lambrusco, slightly frissante wine, perfect with robust foods, is also good in this easy to make sauce for ziti ubriachi or drunken ziti.
- INGREDIENTS1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 pound pancetta, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups Lambrusco wine
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- Grinding coarse black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 pound cooked ziti
- Fine sea salt to taste
- DIRECTIONSMelt the butter over medium high heat in a large sauté pan; stir in the pancetta and cook until it softens. Stir in the garlic and continue cooking until the pancetta is crisp. Stir in the wine, lower the heat, and simmer the sauce until it is reduced by half. Stir in the parsley, pepper, cheese, and ziti. Add salt to taste. Stir to coat the ziti and serve immediately.
This recipe was featured on Season 14 - Episode 1422.