Farro with Vegetables
Serves 12 to 16
- 4 zucchini, cut intoinch dice
- 4 potatoes peeled and cut intoinch dice
- 1/2 pound green string beans, stemmed and cut into thirds
- 1/2 pound white or yellow string beans, stemmed and cut into thirds
- 5 ounces farro, already cooked
- 2 tablespoons Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 pound pancetta, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon or more hot red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the zucchini, potatoes, string beans in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and add 1 tablespoon of salt. Cook just until the vegetables soften. Drain and transfer the vegetables to a bowl and stir in the farro. Set aside.
- In a sauté pan heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and add the pancetta; cook until the pancetta softens and begins to brown. Stir in the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the vegetables and farro and mix well to combine; add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
This recipe was featured on Season 22 - Episode 2212.
No comments on this recipe.