Figs in Wine with Cooked Cream / Fichi in Vino con Panna Cotta
- INGREDIENTS2/3 cup sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup milk
- One 3-inch vanilla bean slit and scraped
- 6 large fresh figs, green or black, unpeeled, washed and dried
- 1 cup red wine
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 Zest oflarge orange
- DIRECTIONSLightly butter 4 custard cups or ramekins 3 X 1 1/2 inches. Set aside.
- Combine the sugar, salt, and gelatin in a small saucepan. Stir in the cream and buttermilk. Over medium heat, stir the mixture until the sugar dissolves. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the milk and vanilla.
- Pour the mixture into the cups or ramekins. Place them on a baking sheet and cover with wax paper. Refrigerate overnight.
- Run a butter knife around the inside edge of the mold and invert each onto individual dessert dishes.
- Place the figs upright in a small saucepan. Mix the wine, sugar and zest together and pour over the figs. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook covered for 5 to 7 minutes or until the figs are somewhat shriveled looking. Use a slotted spoon and transfer the figs to a dish.
- Bring the wine sauce to a boil, boil uncovered for about 5 minutes or until it is reduced by half and looks syrupy. Keep warm.
- Serve the panna cotta accompanied by a fig and some of the wine sauce.
This recipe was featured on Season 16 - Episode 1615.
No comments on this recipe.