- 2 1/2 2, 2-inch steaks (Porterhouse) Aboutlb)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for drizzling
- 2 Cups Arugola leaves, rinsed and dried
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbs Extra virgin olive oil.
- Pat steaks dry and rub with 1 teaspoon salt.
- Charcoal grill:
- Charcoal fire is medium-hot when you can hold your hand 5 inches above rack over coals for 3 to 4 seconds.
- Sear steaks on lightly oiled grill rack over coals, uncovered, until grill marks appear, about 5 minutes per side. Move steaks to area with no coals underneath and grill, covered, turning over occasionally, until thermometer inserted horizontally 2 inches into meat (do not touch bone) registers about 110°F in larger section of meat and about 125°F in smaller (fillet) section for medium-rare, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Gas grill:
- To cook steaks using a gas grill:
- Preheat all burners on high, covered, 10 minutes. Sear steaks on lightly oiled grill rack, covered, until grill marks appear (rotating 90 degrees once on each side for crosshatch marks), about 5 minutes per side.
- Turn off 1 burner (middle burner if there are 3) and put steaks above shut-off burner. Reduce heat on remaining burner(s) to moderate and grill steaks, covered, turning occasionally, until thermometer inserted horizontally 2 inches into meat (do not touch bone) registers about 110°F in larger section of meat and about 125°F in smaller (fillet) section for medium-rare, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer steaks to a cutting board and let stand, uncovered, 10 minutes. (Internal temperature will rise to at least 135°F while steaks stand.) Cut each section of meat off bone, then slice each piece crosswise against the grain and arrange slices on a platter. Sprinkle lightly with salt and drizzle with oil.
- Serve on bed of fresh arugola and cherry tomatoes tossed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Featured in Program #2513
This recipe was featured on Season 25 - Episode 2513.
No comments on this recipe.