Fontina and Mortadella Panini
Mortadella is the original “baloney” deriving its name from Bologna where it was first created. But this tasty, unique meat is no baloney!
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1/3 cup parsley leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 pound good focaccia bread, to make 8 slices
- 1 pound mortadella, sliced
- 1 pound fontina cheese, sliced
- Process the butter, and parsley in a food processor to make a paste. Transfer to a bowl and stir in salt to taste.
- Spread the parsley butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Top each of 4 slices with mortadella and fontina. Cover with the remaining slices.
- Heat a panini maker.
- Grill each panini until toated and the cheese begins to melt. With a sharp knife cut each panini in half and then each haf diagonally.
This recipe was featured on Season 18 - Episode 1821.