Fried Cauliflower / Cavolfiore Fritto
SERVES 4 TO 6
This deep fried cauliflower dish cooked in a tempura batter with a hint of –guess what — anise!
- 1 head cauliflower
- Flour for dredging
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- Tablespoon of anisette liqueur
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Remove the outer leaves and core of the cauliflower. Cut the head into florets, leaving the stems about 1 inch long. Wash the cauliflower well in cold water. In a large pot of well-salted water, cook the cauliflower until al dente, about 5 minutes. Drain, let cool, and then pat dry with a towel.
- Add eggs to bowl. Add flour a little at a time with a whisk.
- Let sit five minutes.
- Use deep fryer to cook 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Drain, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.
This recipe was featured on Fried Cauliflower / Cavolfiore Fritto - Episode 505.