Fried Shrimp & Artichokes with Mint, Capers & Lemon
- 36 baby artichokes trimmed
- 4 quarts water
- 4 lemons, cut in half
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 bunch mint
- 1/2 cup Filippo Berio olive oil
- Inan-quart pot, add all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, thenreduce heatand simmerminutes until you can pierce artichokes with aknife.
- 6 cups olive oil
- 4 cups corn flour, seasoned with salt & pepper
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, seasoned with salt & pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 18 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, tail on
- 36 poached Baby Artichokes (Frozen can be substituted)
- Preheat olive oil in pot to 360° F.
- Pour milk in a bowl and each of the flours on separate plates. Dip shrimp in milk, then dredge in corn flour. Dredge the artichokes in the all-purpose flour.
- 3-4 Place shrimp and artichokes in pot in small batches. Do not crowd the pot, as that will cause the temperature of the oil to drop. Fry until golden, approximatelyminutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with Mint, Caper, & Lemon Sauce .
- For The Sauce
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed well
- 3 lemons, juiced
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except oil and lightly smash in a mortar and pestle.
- Then slowly whisk in olive oil.
This recipe was featured on Season 18 - Episode 1826.
No comments on this recipe.