Fried Tomatoes / Pomidori Fritti
- Serves 4
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 small shallot
- 3 orsprigs parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- King Arthur Unbleached, All-Purpose flour for dredging
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Grinding black pepper
- 4 beefsteak or plum tomatoes, cut in half, width-wise
- Mince the garlic, shallot, parsley very fine; transfer to a bowl and stir in the oregano, balsamic vinegar, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Set aside.
- Mix the flour, salt and pepper together. Dip the cut side of the tomato in the flour mix and set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a sauté pan and when hot, fry the tomatoes cut side down. When they begin to soften, add the garlic mix to the pan, and continue cooking until the garlic mixture softens.
- Transfer the tomatoes to a serving dish and spread the tops of each one with a little of the garlic mix.
No comments on this recipe.