Pate Choux or cream puff dough can be sweet or savory; in this version we add cheese and herbs to make a savory gougere
- 1 batch of Cream Puff dough
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Filling Ingredients
- Two 8oz. container of Mascarpone Cheese
- 6-8 garlic cloves , roasted.
- Salt, Pepper
- 3 slices pancetta
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- We will use the same recipe for the bigne cream puffs but will add with the last edition of beaten egg,
- Proceed as for forming the bigne but make them a bit smaller as for an appetizer.
- Gougere Cheese Filling
- For the filling
- Mash roasted garlic cloves, combine with cheese
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Saute pancetta until crispy, drain, set aside
- On medium heat, reduce balsamic vinegar until syrupy - 20-30 mins, approximately, or until consistency desired - remove from heat and let cool.
- Spoon 1-2 tbs cheese filling into bottom half of bigne
- Top with pancetta
- Add bigne top
- Drizzle with Balsamic vinegar
- Fills 8-10 small bigne.
This recipe was featured on Season 24 - Episode 2413.
No comments on this recipe.