Green Beans with Parsley Walnut Pesto
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups Italian flat leaf parsley, leaves only
- Coarse sea salt
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cook the beans in plenty of boiling water to which 1 tablespoon of salt has been added. Drain and set aside.
- Combine the garlic, parsley and salt in a food processor. Process until the mixture looks pasty. Add the walnuts and pulse a few times, leaving some texture. Add enough olive oil to make a smooth paste. Transfer the mixture to a bowl. Set aside.
- Return the beans to the pot; stir in 2 tablespoons of the pesto; heat the beans slowly, stirring occasionally to coat with the pesto. Serve hot.
This recipe was featured on Season 18 - Episode 1802.