Grilled Cheese and Green Tomato Sandwich / Panino alla Griglia con Formaggio e Pomodoro
- 2 large slightly greenish beefsteak tomatoes, each cut intothick rounds
- 2 balls fior di latte cheese, cut intothick slices
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon Filippo Berio extra-virgin olive oil
- White vinegar
- Make 4 sandwiches by slotting 2 slices of cheese between 2 slices of tomato. Sprinkle with the basil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick sauté pan. Fry the sandwiches, pressing down on them slightly with a spatula. Turn them once. Remove them when the cheese begins to melt and serve hot with a sprinkling of white vinegar.
This recipe was featured on Season 16 - Episode 1619.
No comments on this recipe.