Grilled Chicken / Pollo Sulla Brace
Grilled chicken sounds so ordinary, but the best chicken I have ever eaten was cooked simply on a wood-fired grill in Fiesole, Tuscany. Prepare this dish with free-range chickens – their taste and tenderness make all the difference. For best results, marinate the chicken for several hours before grilling.
- 3 1/2 pounds free-range chicken pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup Filippo Berio Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Fine sea salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Wash and dry the chicken.
- Mince the rosemary, sage, and oregano together.
- In a dish large enough to hold the chicken in a single layer, mix the olive oil and lemon juice. Add the herbs, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken pieces and turn to coat. Cover and let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Prepare the grill. When it is hot, grill the chicken, basting 5 to 6 times with the marinade, until just cooked through.
No comments on this recipe.