Grilled Olive Paste, Provolone & Sopressata Sandwich
MAKES 1 SANDWICH
In Italy at lunchtime it is very popular to have crusty grilled sandwiches, panini alla griglia. Be sure to use good, country-style bread with a coarse crumb and the best fillers you can find. It also helps to have a panini maker, but if not, use a non-stick skillet and be sure to season the pan well with olive oil or butter so the bread will toast evenly and not burn. As the sandwich browns, use a spatula to press on it to help maintain contact with the pan.
- 2 INGREDIENTSslices good whole grain bread
- 2 tablespoons olive paste
- 2 slices Fontina cheese
- 4 thin slices Sopressata
- DIRECTIONSSpread the olive paste on one slice of the bread and top with the cheese and Sopressata. Cover with the second slice of bread and place in panini maker, pressing the sandwich periodically until both sides are crusty and brown.
- If making in a skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a non-stick sauté pan and when it begins to sizzle, add the sandwich and hold it down with a spatula until it is browned on the bottom; turn it over and brown the other side.
- The recipe is featured on show 1723, Grilled Sandwiches — Panini Assortiti alla Griglia.
This recipe was featured on Season 17 - Episode 1723.
No comments on this recipe.