Grilled Skewered Pork Loin / Spiedini di Lonza di Maiale
Spiedini, skewered grilled meats, are the perfect solution for the harried cook. I like to serve these marinated pork loin spiedini as an alternative to lamb on an Easter buffet, but they are also perfect for a summer barbacue. Let the meat marinate for at least three hours before grilling.
- 2 Juice oflemons
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Filippo Berio extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons spicy mustard
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2/3 pound pancetta, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound small button mushrooms, stemmed and cleaned
- 10 small fresh sage leaves
- In a glass dish large enough to hold the pork in a single layer, mix the lemon juice, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and salt and pepper. Add the pork, turning to coat, cover, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- Drain the meat, reserving the marinade. Thread the pieces onto 10 skewers, alternating the meat with the pancetta and mushrooms and adding 1 sage leaf to each skewer.
- Prepare the grill. Grill the spiedini, turning an basting occasionally with the remaining marinade, for 5 to 8 minutes. Remove the skewers and serve immediately.
I say God bless you, too,Signora! I just made your potato frittata the other day.Delicious as always . And I have what I think is one of your first cookbooks.I was looking for a pork loin recipe and I know I can trust yours. Caio,baby
THANK YOU MARY ANN , MY FHATHER WILL BE VERY HAPPY, WITH YOUR RECIPE, GOD BLESS YOU, YOU ARE ALWAYS BIG HELP, IN ALL OCCASIONS….