Grilled Vegetable Pizza
Enjoy the vegetables of summer. Enjoy the outdoor grill. Enjoy this pizza with minimum preparation time inside and maximum flavor and fun outside.
Makes 2 12 to 14-inch pizzas or 8 to 10 mini pizzas
- One recipe Quick Yeast Dough for Pizza
- 1 small eggplant cut intoinch thick rounds
- 1 small zucchini cut intoinch thick rounds
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, seeded and cut into quarters horizontally
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut intoinch thick rings
- 1 small fennel bulb, cut intoinch thick vertical wedges
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon flavored extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Coarse sea salt
- Divide the dough in half and flatten each piece into a 12 to 14-inch round. Place each round on a cornmeal lined pizza paddle or rimless baking sheet. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill to 450°F.
- Toss all the vegetables in a bowl with the lemon juice and olive oil. Place them on a grill plate and grill them until they soften and are a little charred looking. Remove from the grill and set aside.
- Working with one round of dough at a time, slide them onto the grill top and cook just until the bottom starts to color and take on parallel grill marks. Turn them over with a metal spatula and divide and add the grilled vegetables over the top. Sprinkle on half the cheese and cook until the cheese melts. Remove the pizza form the grill with a pizza paddle or large spatula. Sprinkle with oregano and coarse salt.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy.
- Note: You may make individual pizzas by dividing the dough into 8 to 10 pieces, flattening each and cooking as for the larger ones.
This recipe was featured on Season 21 - Episode 2126.
No comments on this recipe.