Ground Lamb Ragu / Ragu Agnello
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 TBS fresh rosemary needles
- 1/4 Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 2 medium red bell peppers, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 pound of ground lamb
- 2/3 cup dry red wine
- 4 large plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped, juice reserved, or one 16-ounce can
- Grinding black pepper
- In large saucepan cook on medium heat, cook garlic cloves until transparent, then remove. Add ground lamb and brown well. Add peppers, bay leaf, wine, tomatoes and pepper. Simmer 20-30 minutes on low heat.
- Serve with favorite pasta. Farfalle recommended.