Halibut in Lemon Sauce
Halibut is a beautiful firm fish that is good on the grill or pan-fried. I love to serve it with a classic lemon sauce.
- 4 Juice oflemons
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fine seas salt
- Four 6-ounce halibut steaks
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- Combine the lemon juice, zest and salt in a rectangular dish large enough to hold the fillets in one layer. Add the fish, turn once in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Add the olive oil to a large non-stick pan and heat on medium high. Drain the halibut, reserving the marinade, and cook them in a single layer (or in batches if need be) for about 4 minutes on each side. They should turn opaque in color and be easily pierced with a fork.
- Transfer the halibut to a platter, cover with foil and keep warm.
- Add the wine to the drippings in the pan and cook over medium high heat, scraping up any fish bits in the pan with a wooden spoon. When the wine has reduced by half, add the reserved marinade and bring to a boil. Stir in the butter and swirl it around in the pan. Taste for seasoning. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the parsley and serve spooned over the fish.
- Note: You can vary the sauce by adding capers and shallots or chopped tomatoes.
This recipe was featured on Season 22 - Episode 2219.
No comments on this recipe.