Hot and Spicy Zucchini Coins / Zucchini all'Arrabiata
Test your taste buds with tender, small-size zucchini coins sautéed in olive oil and mixed with just a teaspoon of hot red pepper paste.
A hot and spicy, perfect side dish that can go with anything.
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 4 small zucchini, ends trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch round coins
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper paste* or 1 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Pecorino cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a medium-size sauté pan and, when the oil begins to shimmer, add the zucchini and stir a few times. Cover the pan, lower the heat to simmer, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or just until the zucchini begins to brown.
- Stir in the pepper paste or pepper flakes and cook 2 to 3 minutes longer, just until the zucchini is tender. Stir in the cheese and parsley. Sprinkle with the coarse salt and serve hot.
No comments on this recipe.