Ice Cream Pie / Torta di Gelato
Save those stale cookies and cake slices! Grind them in a food processor and put them in your freezer. They are the perfect instant crust for a elato pie that can be made in minutes. Saving time: Soften the ice cream in a microwave for 30 seconds. This will make it easy to spread. Use two of your favorite flavors of ice cream.
Serves 6 to 8
- 3 cups stale cookie or cake crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream or a flavor of your choice
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream or another flavor of your choice
- Put the crumbs in a medium size bowl and pour the butter over them. Mix the crumbs well with your hands to coat them in the butter. Reserve 1/2 cup of the crumbs. Pat the rest evenly in the bottom and part way up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Spread the vanilla ice cream over the crumbs. Place the pie in the freezer
- until the ice cream is hard. Spread the chocolate ice cream over the vanilla. Sprinkle the reserved crumbs over the top. Cover the pie and return to the freezer.
- Serve cut into wedges.
This recipe was featured on Season 15 - Episode 1526.
No comments on this recipe.