Ice Cream with Strawberries and Balsamic Vinegar / Gelato e Fragole con Aceto Balsamico
Ice cream topped with balsamic vinegar seems strange but it is quite good and quite the dessert in Emilia Romagna. Better than hot fudge sauce any day!
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup sliced peaches
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Vanilla ice cream, store bought or homemade
- In a bowl mix the berries and peaches with the vinegar and allow to marinate for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Spoon ice cream into each of 4 parfait glasses and top each with some of the fruit mixture.