Iced Peaches / Pesche in Ghiacco
- 4 large ripe white peaches
- 8 sugar cubes
- 2 lemons
- Vanilla ice cream
- Drop the peaches in boiling water for a minute, drain and peel away the skins. cut the peaches in half and dip each one in sugar to coat them.
- Place them hollow side up in a single layer in a shallow casserole.
- Rub the sugar cubes over the lemons to infuse them with the zest and place a cube in each of the peach hollows.
- Squeeze the juice of the lemons over the peaches and tightly cover the dish. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve 2 peach halves in each of 4 dessert goblets and garnish with whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream
- To make peach melba, sieve a pint of raspberries and add sugar to taste. Pour 1/4 to 1/3 cup of the raspberry sauce over the peaches and ice cream.
This recipe was featured on Season 18 - Episode 1825.
No comments on this recipe.