Jewish Style Vegetable Pizza / Pizza Ebraica d'Erbe
- 4 tablespoons Filippo Berio extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound fresh spinach, stemmed, washed and cut into strips
- 3 small artichokes, outer hard leaves removed and discarded and artichokes cut into thin strips
- 1 Juice oflemon
- 2 1/2 pounds fresh peas
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 recipe Pasta Frolla
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place the artichoke slices in lemon water to prevent browning. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a skillet and cook the spinach, artichokes, peas and onion until the mixture softens. Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool slightly, then mix in the eggs with the parsley and the remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate while you make and chill the pastry.
- Divide the pastry dough in half. Roll one half of the dough out into a 16-inch circle and line the base and sides of a 9-inch springform pan with one sheet of pastry. Fill the pan with the vegetable mixture. Cover with the second sheet of pastry dough that has been rolled out into a 10-inch circle. Pinch the edges together to seal them.
- Poke holes in the top crust with a fork; bake in a pre-heated oven for about 45 minutes or until the top is nicely browned. Cool before releasing the sides of the form; cut into wedges to serve warm or at room temperature.
- PASTA FROLLA
- PASTRY DOUGH
- MAKES TWO 10-INCH PASTRY SHELLS
- 2 cups King Arthur™ Unbleached, All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup pastry flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, at room temperature, cut into small pieces
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 5 to 6 tablespoons cold water
- In a bowl, mix the flours, salt, and sugar. Add the butter and work it in until the mixture is the texture of coarse cornmeal. Add the beaten egg and just enough water to make a pliable dough. Do not over mix. Form the dough into a ball, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight before using.
No comments on this recipe.