La Bomba / Ice Cream Bomb
- 15-18 hard Italian lady fingers
- 3/4 cup sweet Marsala wine
- 3 ounces amaretti cookies, crushed
- 2 cups coffee ice cream, softened
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream softened
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, grated
- Confectioners’ sugar, whipped cream and/or chocolate curls to decorate
- Line a 6 cup soufflé dish with a large piece of damp cheesecloth, leaving an overhang of at least an inch over the top edge.
- Trim the ladyfingers to fit the bottom of the dish.
- Pour the Marsala into a bowl and quickly dip the ladyfingers in the wine. Line them against the sides of the dish and fill in any bottom gaps with trimmed pieces of ladyfingers.
- Cover and chill the dish for 30 minutes.
- Place the amaretti cookies in a bowl and add the coffee ice cream and beat until smooth. Spoon into the ladyfinger lined pan and spread the ice cream evenly to form a layer against the walls of the dish leaving a hollow in the center. Freeze for 2 hours.
- Combine the vanilla ice cream and grated chocolate in a bowl and mix until smooth. Spread into the hollow.
- Freeze, covered, overnight.
- To serve, run a spatula between the cheesecloth and sides of dish. Unmold onto a chilled desert dish and carefully peel off the cheesecloth.
- Decorate the top with confectioners’ sugar, whipped cream and or chocolate curls.
This recipe was featured on Season 22 - Episode 2217.