Lenten Spinach/Spinaci di Magro all'Uso di Romagna
The touch of sugar and the raisins is an old version of spinach e olio.
- 2 pounds fresh spinach, stemmed, soaked in water, drained in a colander
- 2 tablespoons Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1/4 cup raisins, soaked in water, then drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Squeeze the spinach dry then chop coarsely and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a medium size skillet; add the parsley and spinach and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the raisins, salt, pepper and sugar and cook a minute or two. Serve with an extra drizzle of olive oil over the top.
This recipe was featured on Season 24 - Episode 2419.
No comments on this recipe.