Lina's Ricotta Pie
This light tart hits the spot any time of year. Vary the flavor by using lemon, lime, or orange zest. All the citrus flavors are melt-in-your-mouth wonderful when combined with shaved chocolate!
- 32 ounces ricotta cheese, well drained
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lime, lemon, or orange zest
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 to 1 cup shaved semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 egg for egg wash
- 1/2 recipe Pasta Frolla
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Lightly grease a 9 or 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar into the cheese. Add the zest and cinnamon. Add the eggs one at a time, incorporating well after each addition. Gently fold in the shaved chocolate.
- Fit the rolled pastry into the tart pan; trim any excess dough and save for the top. Spread the filling in the pan, smoothing to ensure that there are no air bubbles. Reroll the scraps of dough and cut lattice strips for the top of the tart. Arrange the strips in a woven design and brush the strips with egg yolk, egg white, or milk.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until the lattice pastry is lightly browned on top.
- Recipe featured in program 2522
This recipe was featured on Season 25 - Episode 2522.