Little Hats in Broth / Cappelletti in Brodo
- 1 recipe Homemade Chicken Broth
- 3 todozen Cappelletti di Pollo
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- I have many wonderful memories of making “little hot” soup with my mother and grandmothers. The cappelletti I usually choose for this soup are stuffed with a finely ground chicken filling, though on occasion I serve Grandma Galasso’s version, stuffed with beef, pork, and veal. Sometimes I like to be untraditional and serve my cappelletti in brood with a thin slice of lemon and fresh steamed spinach added with the broth to each bowl.
- SERVES 8 to 10
- In a large pot, bring the chicken broth to a boil. Add the cappelletti and cook until they bob to the surface. Ladle the broth and the cappelletti into individual serving dishes and sprinkle with grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.
This recipe was featured on Season 12 - Episode 1214.