Little Hazelnut Cookies/Biscottini di Nocciola
MAKES 2 1/2 DOZEN
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted, plus extra for sprinkling on tops
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup ground hazelnuts plus whole ones for inserting in cookie tops
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line rimless baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar with hand held mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in flour, ground hazelnuts and egg yolk.
- Scoop teaspoon-sized amounts and shape with hands into balls. Place them well apart on the baking sheets. Press a whole hazelnut in the center of each cookie.
- Bake one sheet at a time for about 10 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Cool on sheet. Transfer to wire rack. Dust with confectioners’ sugar.
This recipe was featured on Season 21 - Episode 2108.