Making Pizza Dough Tutorial
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (110F-115F)
- 3 1/2 to 3 3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in 1/2-cup warm water. Allow the yeast to proof until it is foamy, about 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1-cup of warm water, combining it well with the yeast. Add 3 cups of the flour and the salt. Mix the dough with your hands or use a mixer with a dough hook, adding the remaining flour as needed to make dough that holds together.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and knead it for about 10 minutes, or until the dough is soft and not sticky. Grease a bowl with the olive oil. Put the dough in the bowl and turn a few times to coat with the oil. Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and let it rise for 2 hours in a warm place.
- Punch down the dough and knead it for a few minutes on a lightly floured surface. Use the dough to make one large thick pizza or divide it in half to make two small ones.
This recipe was featured on Season 16 - Episode 1626.