Marinated Green Beans
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red onion, in thin slices
- 1/2 cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons rice wine or white balsamic vinegar
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup minced fresh mint, plus additional for garnish
- 1/4 cup diced oil-cured black olives (Optional)
- 2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- Combine the garlic, onion, oil, vinegar, salt, sugar, mint and olives in a rectangular glass Pyrex baking dish that’s large enough to hold the beans. Make ahead, at least 1 hour; set aside.
- Cook the beans in plenty of boiling water to which 1 tablespoon of salt has been added. Drain the beans and put them in ice water for 30 seconds to stop the cooking process and help retain the fresh green color. Drain again and add the beans immediately to the marinade; toss several times and allow to stand at least 1 hour, covered, before serving. Sprinkle with fresh mint. Serve at room temperature.
- Variation: Add cooked chickpeas to the mix.
This recipe was featured on Season 18 - Episode 1802.
No comments on this recipe.