Marinated Lamb Shoulder Chops
Spring lamb is not to be missed! Marinating chops with a sweet and sour mixture adds a new dimension to the flavor. Serve with this fresh mint sauce to make your taste buds sing.
- Mint Sauce
- 2 cups packed whole fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Pinch salt
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- Juice of two large lemons
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup fresh minced mint leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- 6 blade cut lamb chops (toounces each)
- In a shallow bowl large enough to hold the chops in a single layer, mix the garlic, lemon juice, honey, mint, pepper and olive oil. Place the chops in the marinade, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Turn the chops over once or twice while they are marinating.
- Combine the whole mint leaves with the water and honey in a small saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer the ingredients uncovered until the liquid is reduced by half. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl. Add salt to taste. Set aside and keep warm or make several days ahead and refrigerate. Reheat when ready to use.
- Prepare a gas grill or pre-heat the broiler.
- Drain the chops from the marinade and grill or broil them. Use an instant read thermometer for gauging when they are done: 145°F for rare, 160°F for medium and 170°F for well done.
- Serve with some of the mint sauce.
This recipe was featured on Season 22 - Episode 2223.