- 1/2 cup Filippo Berio Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons tarragon leaves
- 2 tablespoons rosemary needles
- 6 tosmall cippoline onions, peeled, and a small incision made in the stem end of each
- 2 small cloves garlic, peeled and slit
- 2 tablespoons whole peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 pound small white button mushrooms, cleaned and stemmed
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Make a small incision in the cap of each mushroom, but not all the way through. Place them in a pot with the water and salt and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer the mushrooms for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar, salt and sugar in the same pot used to simmer the mushrooms. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the tarragon, rosemary, cippoline, garlic, peppercorns, allspice and fennel seeds.
- Place the mushrooms in sterilized pint or quart jars. Slowly pour in the marinade to cover. Cap and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
This recipe was featured on Season 16 - Episode 1616.
No comments on this recipe.