Marinated Salmon Trout / Trota Salmonata Marinata
I ate this delicious marinated salmon trout at Locanda dell’Arco in the little town of Cissone, in the region of the Piedmont. It was delicate tasting and so memorable that I asked if the chef, Signora Maria Piera would give me the recipe. Prepare the dish two days before serving. Ocean trout is the same species as brown trout, but looks different as it goes out to sea and returns to rivers to spawn. Because it looks rather like a small salmon, with silvery skin and pink flesh, it is sometimes called salmon trout.
- Juice of two large lemons
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Salt and whole peppercorns to taste
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced marjoram
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 small garlic clove , minced
- 4 fresh salmon trout fillets (each abouttoounces)
- Lemon-flavored extra virgin olive oil
- 6 –sorrel leaves
- In a rectangular glass dish large enough to hold the fillets in a single layer, mix together the lemon juice, wine, salt and pepper, shallots, marjoram, parsley, chives and garlic. Add the filets coating them in the mixture. Cover and refrigerate at least 48 hours.
- When ready to serve, bring the dish to room temperature.
- Transfer the fish to 4 individual salad dishes and spoon some of the marinade over each one. Drizzle each one with a little lemon-flavored extra-virgin olive oil. Serve with crusty bread and a chiffonade of sorrel leaves. We chose to pair the fish with Banfi’s San Angelo Pinot Grigio.
This recipe was featured on Season 20 - Episode 2010.
I would like to know the red wine that was served on the
episode 2010 with Marinated Salmon Trout?
As i remember it was a dark red Itilian but i didn’t get the
name of it.
Thank you for your help.