Marinated Seafood Salad / Frutta di Mare
Several preparations of squid were served on Christmas Eve at home. My favorite has always been frutta di mare, a marinated medley of squid, shrimp, and octopus. I use scallops in this recipe in place of octopus. This should be made a day before it is served to allow the marinade to fully flavor the fish.
- 2 Juice oftolemons (to taste)
- 1/2 cup Filippo Berio Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped fennel leaves
- 1 cup diced red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Fine sea salt and coarsely ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds small squid (4 to 6 inches long)
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled
- 1 pound bay scallops
- In a shallow non-metal dish, combine all the marinade ingredients. Mix well and set aside.
- Remove the head of each squid by pulling it away from the body. Cut off the tentacles below the eyes and discard the heads. Pull out the interior membranes from each squid body and remove the plastic-like spine bone from the inside. Pull off the outer skin. Wash the squid bodies and tentacles thoroughly in cold water. Cut the bodies into ¼-inch rings and dice the tentacles. Set aside.
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan and add the salt. Add the shrimp and boil until they turn pink, about 3 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove the shrimp and let cool.
- Add the scallops to the boiling water and boil for 3 minutes. Remove the scallops with a slotted spoon and let cool. Add the squid rings to the water and boil until tender, 12 to 15 minutes. About 5 minutes before the rings are cooked, add the diced tentacles. The squid should be tender, not chewy. Drain well.
- Toss the squid, shrimp, and scallops in the marinade. Add salt if necessary. Cover and let marinate overnight in the refrigerator, turning the mixture occasionally.
- To serve, transfer the salad to a decorative platter, cover, and let come to room temperature before serving.
giuseppe restifo cmct cbqt cat
I would like to buy frutta di mare antipasto,where can I purchased here in u.s.a,?