Mascarpone, Polenta, and Wild Mushrooms
Serves 12 to 14
- 7 cups of water
- 2 cups fine cornmeal
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mushroom Sauté
- 2 cups oyster mushrooms
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms
- 2 cups shitake mushrooms
- Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 clove minced garlic
- For the Polenta
- In a large sauce pan, bring water to a boil. Slowly whisk in polenta, continue whisking until it thickens.
- Turn heat to low. Cook, stirring, for 30 minutes or until desired thickness.
- Add cream, mascarpone, butter, salt and pepper. Cook and stir another 5 minutes. Add Pecorino cheese and serve.
- For the Mushroom Sauté
- Tear mushrooms gently into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat the oil in large sauté pan. Add garlic, pepper flakes, and salt and cook for 1 minute. Add mushrooms and stir once gently to coat with the oil. Then let them cook without stirring for a couple of minutes, until slightly brown.
- Toss and cook through. Serve on top of polenta. The polenta may be poured into a shallow platter and the mushroom mixture spooned over the top or individual dollops of polenta may be put in small bowls and topped with the sauce.
This recipe was featured on Season 26 - Episode 2624.
No comments on this recipe.