Michele Scicolone's Endive with Tuna Dip
This dip can be made ahead of time and is good on eggs, potatoes, tomatoes, and lots of other items that will come to mind once you taste it.
- 1 can (ounces) Italian tuna packed in olive oil
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 small garlic clove , peeled
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 heads of Belgian endive, or carrot sticks, celery, peppers, etc.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the tuna with its oil, the anchovies, mayonnaise, capers and garlic. Process until smooth, about 3 minutes, stopping to scrape down the mixture as necessary. Add lemon juice to taste. Scrape the tuna into a small bowl.
- To serve, place the bowl in the center of a large platter. Separate the endive into individual leaves. Surround with the endive or vegetables of your choice and serve.
No comments on this recipe.