Michele Scicolone's Stuffed Pepper Wedges
SERVES 4 TO 6
- 3 large red bell peppers
- 1 large ripe tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 large garlic clove , peeled and finely chopped
- 12 imported black olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 2-ounce can anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Oil a 13Ã—9Ã—2-inch baking dish.
- Cut the peppers lengthwise into quarters and remove the seeds and white membranes. Arrange the quarters skin side down in the prepared dish.
- In a bowl combine the tomato, garlic, olives, anchovies, parsley, oil, and pepper to taste. Spoon the mixture into the pepper wedges.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the peppers are tender when pierced with a fork. Serve warm or cold.
This recipe was featured on Season 11 - Episode 1126.
No comments on this recipe.