Mixed Mushroom Pizza
This wonderful pizza can be made with any combination of mushrooms you have on hand; it’s great with all types!
SERVES 8 TO 10
- 1 recipe Quick Yeast Dough for Pizza
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup diced pancetta
- 1/2 cup dried porcini mushrooms, presoaked in hot water and sliced
- 1/2 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced thyme leaves
- 1 cup Fontina cheese, diced
- Coarse salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and add the pancetta; allow to brown. Transfer to a medium size bowl. Add all the mushrooms and the garlic to the pan and allow to cook until the mushrooms are dry. Add to the bowl with the pancetta.
- Divide the dough in half and roll each piece into a 12-inch round. Divide the mushroom mixture over the 2 rounds of dough. Sprinkle with the thyme. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle the cheese over the top and continue baking until the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with salt. Slice, serve and enjoy!
This recipe was featured on Season 21 - Episode 2103.
No comments on this recipe.