Morozzo Capon with Bilberry Sauce/Cappone di Morozzo in Salsa di Mirtilli
- 2 tablespoons Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 1 capon (about 3 pounds ) cut into pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, cut in half
- Fresh bay, sage and rosemary leaves
- 1 bottle white wine
- 1 cup mirtilli*
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Brush a rimmed baking sheet or baking pan with olive oil. Set aside
- In a bowl or dish combine the flour, salt and pepper. Dredge the capon pieces in the mixture to coat them and place them on the baking sheet. Add the garlic, sage, rosemary and bay leaves.
- Sprinkle the capon with a little of the wine and bake for 45 minutes to an hour or until meat is tender. Baste occasionally with more wine.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan cook the mirtilli in 2 cups of the wine over medium heat until they are somewhat smooth. Stir in the sugar then transfer to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Serve warm with the capon
- *Blueberries are an excellent substitute.
This recipe was featured on Season 24 - Episode 2421.