Mushrooms in Green Sauce / Funghi al Verde
- 1 large bunch flat leaf parsley
- 2 big cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound porcini or mixed fresh mushrooms,stemmed, wiped with a damp cloth, and thinly sliced
- Salt to taste
- Grinding fresh black pepper to taste
- Finely mince the parsley with the garlic.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a sauté pan.Add the garlic and parsley and cook over medium heat until the mixture softens.
- Add the mushrooms, salt and pepper. Stir tocombine the ingredients then cover the pan and allow the mushrooms to cook overlow heat for about 7 minutes. Uncover the pan and cook until no liquid remainsin the pan. Serve hot.
- Note: Do not keep mushrooms in plastic bags or plasticcontainers from the grocery store; the trapped moisture will make for slimymushrooms; keep mushrooms in brown paper bags and use within two days ofpurchase. Trust me; if you keep them too long, you could be looking at worms oreven maggots.
No comments on this recipe.