Nancy Radke's Potato Pie, American Style / Torta di Patate all'Americana
- INGREDIENTS2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive, thinly sliced
- 1 pound all purpose potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces Parmigiano Reggiano, cut into slivers with a vegetable peeler
- salt to taste
- Grinding black pepper
- Fresh grated nutmeg
- DIRECTIONSPreheat oven to 425F
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter and olive oil in a cast iron or other heavy duty oven proof pan.
- Make an overlapping layer of all-purpose potatoes in the pan to fill in the pan completely. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Scatter 1/5 of the cheese slivers over the potatoes.
- Make a layer of sweet potato slices over the all-purpose potatoes going in the opposite direction. Season and scatter with cheese.
- Continue making layers until all potatoes are used up. Pour remaining butter and olive oil over the top.
- Cover pan tightly with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake 25 minutes longer until potatoes are tender and browned at the edges.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
This recipe was featured on Season 16 - Episode 1623.