Nancy's Tuna and Olive Spread
Serves 6 to 8 as an Appetizer
Juicy black and green olives combined with tuna and capers as the topping for crostini is una fantasia (a creation), as Nancy likes to call it. It’s also good as a dip for raw vegetables. Be sure to use olives in olive oil, not canned.
- 1 pound black or green olives, pitted
- 1/2 cup capers in salt, rinsed well and drained
- 1 small clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 6 Half a small1/8-ounce can tuna packed in olive oil
- 1/2 cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh lemon juice to taste
- Combine all the ingredients except the lemon juice in a blender or food processor and process very briefly to make a coarse textured paste. Taste and add a few drops of lemon juice.
- Scoop the ingredients into a bowl and serve with toasted bread or with raw vegetables.
- The tuna mixture may be prepared up to a week in advance and refrigerated in a jar with a thin layer of olive oil over the top. Bring to room temperature before serving.
This recipe was featured on Season 13 - Episode 1307.
No comments on this recipe.