Nectarines Stuffed with Mascarpone and Walnuts / Pesche Noci con Mascarpone
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 large nectarines, peeled, cut in half and the pit removed
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup diced fried apricots
- Mint springs for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place the walnut pieces on a baking sheet and toast them in the oven for 5 to 7 minutes. Alternately, toast them in a dry non-stick skillet on the stove top for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Transfer to a cutting board and, when cool, chop coarsely and set aside.
- Combine the orange juice, 2 tablespoons of the sugar and lemon juice in a large sauté pan. Heat and stir the mixture until the sugar is dissolved. Place the nectarine halves, cut side down, in the liquid and poach them for about 5 minutes or just until they begin to soften. Be careful to watch them so they do not loose their shape.
- Remove the nectarines with a slotted spoon to a dish and reduce the remaining liquid to half its volume. Strain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the mascarpone cheese with the remaining sugar until smooth. Fold in the apricots.
- Fill the nectarine cavities with some of the mixture. Set two each in individual dessert goblet or ice cream type dishes and spoon some of the liquid over them. Garnish with some of the nuts and a mint sprig and serve.
- Variation: White peaches are also very good in this recipe.
This recipe was featured on Season 16 - Episode 1621.
No comments on this recipe.