Onions, Tropea Style
Serves 6 to 8
- 2 tablespoons Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds red onions, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds plum tomatoes, peeled and diced
- Small handful of fresh basil torn into pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large heavy duty sauté pan and cook the onions and peppers until they soften. Add the pepper flakes and cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer, covered, for 45 minutes.
- Serve with bread.
This recipe was featured on Season 22 - Episode 2207.
No comments on this recipe.