Oven-Roasted Potatoes and Zucchini with Garlic / Patate e Zucchini al Forno con Aglio
In this recipe, garlic in minced with sea salt and fresh rosemary, and the vegetables are tossed in the mixture. Sometimes I vary this recipe by adding fresh tomato wedges about 10 minutes before the dish is done. Serve it with roasted chicken, fish, or meat. I like to serve this on Thanksgiving because it goes together so quickly and is easy to bake along with the turkey.
- 6 orred-skinned potatoes, washed
- 2 medium zucchini
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- Leaves from 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, or 1 tablespoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Coarsely ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Cut the potatoes and zucchini into 1-inch chunks, 1/2-inch thick. Put the zucchini in a bowl, cover, and set aside.
- Mince the garlic with the rosemary and sea salt until the mixture is almost a paste. Set aside.
- In a 14- by 9-inch baking dish, mix the olive oil and garlic paste. Add the potatoes and coat well with the mixture. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, basting frequently with a brush.
- Add the zucchini to the baking dish and toss the vegetables well. Bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes, or until the zucchini are soft but not mushy and the potatoes are golden brown. Sprinkle with pepper and serve immediately