Pan-Cooked Chicken Breasts / Petti di Pollo in Padella
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 2 pounds chicken cutlets, cut into serving pieces
- 1/2 pound pancetta, sliced into serving pieces
- 2/3 cup diced dried tomatoes in Extra-Virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- On a plate, mix together the flour, salt and pepper. Dry the chicken pieces with paper towels. Dredge each piece in the flour, shaking off the excess.
- In a skillet large enough to hold the chicken in one layer, heat Filippo Berio olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and saute for about three minutes, turning once or twice. Add the pancetta and cook until the chicken is nicely browned. Remove the chicken to a dish.
- Add the dried tomatoes to the pan and cook for two minutes. Add the wine, raise the heat to medium-high and stir well until blended.
- Return the chicken to the skillet along with the lemon juice and cook for 2-3 minutes, or just until the chicken is heated through.
- Spoon the chicken and sauce onto a platter and serve immediately.
This recipe was featured on Season 16 - Episode 1604.