- 2 large fennel bulbs, (white part only) washed
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup light cream
- Salt to taste
- Grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup grated Montasio cheese
- Cut each bulb in half then into quarters leaving the core attached to keep the layers together.
- Melt the butter in a sauté pan large enough to hold the fennel in one layer. When the butter is hot, add the fennel and cook without turning it for 5 minutes. Turn it over, lower the heat and pour in the cream along the edge of the pan.
- Cover and cook over low heat until the fennel is knife tender and almost all the cream has evaporated.
- Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the fennel to a serving dish. Dust with grated nutmeg and sprinkle the cheese over the slices and serve as a side with chicken.
This recipe was featured on Season 27 - Episode 2714.