Pan Fried Prawns Antipasto
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp/prawns (11-15 per pound peeled and deveined (save shells for stock)
- Salt to taste
- Grinding black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 2 large slightly greenish tomatoes, each cut intoslices
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- Lemon wedges
- In a medium size non-stick sauté pan, heat 3 tablespoons of the oil over medium heat. Stir in the garlic and shallot and cook until the shallot is soft. Stir in the bread crumbs and brown them evenly. Add salt to taste and transfer to small bowl.
- In a bowl toss the shrimp with the salt, pepper, hot red pepper flakes and remaining 3 tablespoons of the oil.
- Cook the shrimp in the same sauté pan over medium heat until they turn pink.
- Coat each tomato slice in the bread crumb mixture on both sides and stack two on top of each other.
- Top with 2 shrimp and sprinkle a little parsley over the top; serve with a lemon wedge and a drizzle of olive oil.
This recipe was featured on Season 21 - Episode 2113.
No comments on this recipe.