Panettone or Raisin Bread with Mascarpone & Chocolate
In Italy at lunchtime it is very popular to have crusty grilled sandwiches, panini alla griglia. Be sure to use good, country-style bread with a coarse crumb and the best fillers you can find. It also helps to have a panini maker, but if not, use a non-stick skillet and be sure to season the pan well with olive oil or butter so the bread will toast evenly and not burn. As the sandwich browns, use a spatula to press on it to help maintain contact with the pan.
- 2 INGREDIENTSslices panettone, raisin or other sweet bread
- 3 tablespoons room temperature Mascarpone
- 1/3 cup shaved semisweet chocolate
- DIRECTIONSSpread the mascarpone over one slice of the bread and sprinkle the chocolate over the top. Top with the second slice of bread and grill in a panini maker until brown.
- If making in a skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a non-stick sautÃƒ© pan; when it begins to sizzle, add the sandwich and weigh it down with a grill press or cast-iron pan. When brown on the bottom, turn it over and brown the other side.
- Note: This is also good using Nutella and Mascarpone.
- The recipe is featured on show 1723, Grilled Sandwiches Ã¢‚¬ Panini Assortiti alla Griglia.
This recipe was featured on Season 17 - Episode 1723.
No comments on this recipe.