Pasta Dessert Tart / Torta alla Pasta
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup King Arthur™ Unbleached, All-Purpose Flour
- 10 Cream butter, sugar and vanilla with mixer until smooth. Add flour and mix by hand until blended. Press dough along the bottom and up the sides of a1/2-inch fluted tart pan with removable bottom.
- You may make this tart with or without a crust. If not using a crust, bake your tart in a solid bottom tart dish or a pie dish.
- 4 ounces dried pasta, cooked and drained (leftover pasta is fine)
- 1 cup milk (for richer filling, use Half & Half)
- 6 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 medium apples, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1/2 cup dried sour cherries (substitution of dried cranberries or raisins is fine)
- 1/2 cup plus ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Cinnamon sugar (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries, blueberries or peaches (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Combine milk, butter, sugar and eggs. Grate apples into mixture. Add almond flavoring, dried sour cherries and 1/2 cup almonds. (If using optional fresh fruit, add it here.) Add the cooked pasta and mix well. Pour into the prepared tart crust or the solid tart pan.
- If you wish, sprinkle the top with about 2 teaspoons of cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a knife comes out clean. Serve warm or cold.
- Decorate with whipped cream and fresh fruit, if desired. For a special occasion, make pasta flowers to decorate the top of the tart.
- If you wish to use a 9-inch tart pan, reduce pasta to 3 ounces of dried pasta, milk to 3/4 cup, sugar to 1/3 cup and butter to 5 1/2 tablespoons.
- For Diabetics or low sugar diets, substitute another apple for all sugar or add only 1/4 cup.
No comments on this recipe.