Peaches and Cream / Pesche e Panna
- 20 amaretti cookies, crushed to a fine consistency
- 8 tablespoons melted, and cooled butter
- 4 large white peaches, peeled, pitted and cut into thin slices
- 2 large white nectarines, peeled, pitted and cut into thin slices
- 1 Juice oflarge lemon
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Combine the amaretti crumbs in a bowl with the melted butter and mix well to combine. Press half the cookies into an 8 inch squarepan and refrigerate. Set the rest aside.
- Combine the peaches and nectarines in a separate bowl with the lemon juice and set aside.
- Whip the cream in a large bowl on high speed until stiff;stir in the sugar and the almond extract.
- Drain the peaches and nectarines in a colander and fold into the whipped cream. Spread the mixture evenly and carefully over the amaretti.
- Sprinkle the remaining amaretti over the top.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight. Scoop to serve.
- Here's a tip:
- Amaretti di Saronno work best in this recipe; find them in Italian specialty stores, on line, or in grocery stores. Substitute vanilla wafer cookies if amaretti are unavailable.
This recipe was featured on Season 18 - Episode 1825.